All staff working in Indian Health Service, Tribal and Urban Indian healthcare facilities are encouraged to attend the IHS Tribal Forensic Healthcare’s web-based training on Domestic Violence Screening.
This online one-hour webinar training is available 24/7/365 and can be taken at any time. CME, Nursing CE and Behavioral Health CEU are offered. See the attached flyer for additional information. This training supports the IHS GPRA measure on DV Screening.
Please click here: http://www.tribalforensichealthcare.org/web-based-events or visit www.tribalforensichealthcare.org and click “Web-Based Events” in the green task bar and then click “Domestic Violence Screening” to register.
Attendees will be able to:
* Define Intimate Partner Violence across the lifespan.
* Describe ways to create a supportive environment.
* Identify limits of confidentiality and parameters for mandatory reporting requirements.
* Employ a process for comprehensive screening of IPV patients.
Nurses, Physicians, Dentists, Physician Assistants, and Behavioral Health Providers are invited to attend a second hour, focused on patient assessment. Healthcare providers attending the assessment portion will also be able to:
* Employ a process for the assessment of IPV patients.
* Document the care of the patient to provide a comprehensive clinical picture of the patient encounter.
* Identify components of safety and discharge planning.
* Identify necessary partnerships with key collaborators.