EVAWI is extremely pleased to announce that their grant from the Office on Violence Against Women (OVW) includes funding to support 10 scholarships for sworn law enforcement professionals to attend our 2017 International Conference on Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, and Systems Change, April 18th-20th in Orlando, Florida.
The scholarships will cover the full cost of the conference registration, in addition to a $500 travel stipend. If you have a grant, you can check with your grant manager to see if grant funds can be used to cover any remaining travel expenses.
Conference registration includes:
- Three full days of training with leading national experts
- Three light continental breakfasts and coffee breaks
- Three seated lunches
- Electronic course material
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must be a sworn law enforcement officer working in the United States or Territories. Based on the specific grant objectives for this OVW-funded project, applicants must have some responsibility for responding to or investigating sexual assault.
Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis. To apply, please complete the application form and submit it to email@example.com by October 14, 2016.
When you submit an application, you will receive an email message confirming receipt. If you have not received this confirmation email within three (3) business days, please email Kathryn@evawintl.org.
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee of multidisciplinary professionals who will rate them using standardized criteria. These criteria are designed to assess the following areas:
- Level of current and future responsibility for sexual assault response and investigation
- Demonstrated self-initiative (e.g., completion of EVAWI OLTI modules, participation in Start by Believing campaign)
- Availability of training opportunities for sexual assault response and investigation
- Availability of funds to support conference participation, e.g., agency, community, personal
- Evidence for the potential impact of improving knowledge and skills in this area
In the past, some applicants have been unable to utilize the scholarship after it was awarded because leave and/or travel was not approved. Therefore, you must submit a letter on Department letterhead from your chain of command demonstrating support from your agency for conference participation. Please attach the letter to your application.
Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by December 2, 2016.
For More Information