On Friday, April 7, 2017, the Office for Victims of Crime (OVC) hosted the 2017 National Crime Victims’ Service Awards Ceremony to recognize extraordinary individuals, teams, programs, and organizations that demonstrate outstanding service in supporting victims and victim services.
Acting Director of OVC Marilyn Roberts, Acting Assistant Attorney General for OJP Alan Hanson, Acting Associate Attorney General Jesse Panuccio, and Assistant U.S. Attorney Kevin Mulcahy honored the following award recipients:
• Joy Solomon, Esq., the Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Center for Elder Abuse Prevention —National Crime Victim Service Award
• Diane Moyer—Ronald Wilson Reagan Public Policy Award
• Kendall L. Carver—Ronald Wilson Reagan Public Policy Award
• Teresa P. Scalzo—Ronald Wilson Reagan Public Policy Award
• Linda D. Axley—Volunteer for Victims Award
• Luis Romero—Volunteer for Victims Award
• Captain Michael Holt—Allied Professional Award
• Laura L. Dunn, Esq.—Special Courage Award
• Maya Weinstein—Tomorrow’s Leaders Award
• Healing Hurt People, Center for Nonviolence & Social Justice, Drexel University—Award for Professional Innovation in Victim Services
• The Arizona Attorney General Office of Victim Services Agency Support Team—Crime Victims’ Rights Award
• The Blackwater Victim Services Team—Federal Service Award
To learn more about the award recipients or to view photos from the 2017 Awards Ceremony, visit the OVC Gallery.