The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration recently released a grant funding opportunity announcement (FOA) entitled, “Targeted Capacity Expansion: Medication Assisted Treatment – Prescription Drug and Opioid Addiction”. The short title for this program is “MAT-PDOA.”
• FOA Number: TI-18-009
• Application Due Date: Monday, July 9, 2018
• Purpose: The program’s intent is to expand/enhance access to medication-assisted treatment (MAT) services for persons with an opioid use disorder seeking or receiving MAT.
• Eligibility: Tribes, tribal organizations, and urban Indian organizations are eligible.
• Anticipated Total Available Funding: $65,583,803 (At least $5 million will be awarded to federally recognized tribes and tribal organizations)
• Anticipated Number of Awards: Up to 125 awards
• Anticipated Award Amount: Up to $524,670 per year
• Length of Project: Up to three years
• Cost Sharing/Match Required?: No