This course is designed to provide learners with the best available science and insights from top scholars across the country as well as the skills to understand which interventions are the most effective to offer a path forward for reducing gun violence in our homes, schools, and communities.
Through this course, you will learn how to:
1. Appreciate the scope of gun violence and the importance of considering the issue across a variety of contexts.
2. Describe the role of law and policy in addressing gun violence at the federal, state, and local levels.
3. Compare the effectiveness of gun violence policies and highlight the importance of changing the way we talk about gun violence.
4. Describe state standards for civilian gun carrying and use and how those standards affect crime and violence.
5. Describe how firearm design is regulated, the effective and just enforcement of firearm laws, and strategies for reducing police-involved shootings. 6. Identify and explain evidence-based programs to reduce gun violence and understand public opinion on gun policy.”
This free online course takes approximately 13 hours to complete.