OVC announced the release of the new Understanding Human Trafficking training at the Human Trafficking Grantee Meeting in Albuquerque, NM.OVC invites victim service providers, allied professionals, and interested members of the general public to register for this new training, a series of five interactive online modules that offer foundational learning on trauma-informed and victim-centered approaches to human trafficking. Understanding Human Trafficking equips participants to think critically about human trafficking using reliable resources, both locally and from across the United States. Participants will review topics including:
• Implementing trauma-informed approaches to victim identification and outreach.
• Assessing victims for comprehensive service needs.
• Employing a collaborative victim service delivery model by connecting with local partners.
• Identifying accurate data and research on human trafficking.
• New strategies for researching and analyzing laws and policies that impact human trafficking, victim services, and victims’ rights.