The OVC TTAC Helping Victims of Mass Violence and Terrorism: Planning, Response, Recovery, and Resources Toolkit web-based training series continues with an in-depth look at the Notification victim assistance protocol. While the process of delivering death notifications is similar for a single homicide or a mass violence incident, there are also some unique aspects of mass fatalities that should be considered. This training is an opportunity to learn more about—
- The factors related to delivering mass violence death notifications.
- The dynamics of death notification teams.
- The training needs of death notification teams.
- How to integrate a trauma-informed approach.
Lessons learned from previous incidents consistently underscore that all response and recovery efforts are more effective when—
- Organizational roles are defined prior to the incident.
- Relationships are in place to create a more efficient response and faster recovery.
- There is a planned and comprehensive communications management strategy that focuses on communication among all responders, with victims and survivors, and with the community during the response and recovery phases.
Join one of the scheduled webinars to learn more about this essential victim assistance protocol.